Both natural teeth and teeth with restorations survive best in an oral environment that is clean and where the intake of harmful foods is controlled. Our program is designed to help prevent new cavities, preserve teeth that have been restored and manage periodontal disease. At the initial visit oral hygiene instructions are reviewed and are reinforced at subsequent recall visits. The following are helpful recommendations for you:
- • Brush your teeth twice a day in a circular motion with a soft bristled toothbrush aimed at the gum.
- • Floss every night in an up-and-down motion.
- • Get regular professional Cleanings at the dental clinic every 6 months or sooner if recommended by your doctor.
- • Avoid smoking.
- • Avoid sticky sugary foods.
- • Eat a balanced diet.
- • Use antiseptic and fluoride rinses as directed.
- • Have sealants placed on young permanent teeth.