Botox is a natural purified protein that relaxes wrinkles causing muscles, creating a fresh, rejuvenating appearance. It is manufactured in sterile laboratory conditions. Botox is a prescription only medicine and treatment is only available from a certified medical professional. At Maskati Dental Center we provide you the botox treatment that you need.
Botox can be used to relax specific facial muscles that cause dynamic wrinkles ( the wrinkles that are formed during facial expressions). Once the muscles are relaxed, you cannot contract them preventing undesirable facial expressions. Thus, the lines gradually smoothen and new lines are prevented from forming.
How does Botox treatment work?
Although results are visible, a treatment with botox will not radically change your facial appearance or make you look as if you have had work done.
Will I still be able to make facial expressions?
Botox is a non-surgical procedure whereby a small amount of botox is administered into selected facial muscles by a trained doctor using a very fine needle. Generally the treatment time is around 10min. Discomfort is minimal and an anaesthetic is generally not required. Normal activities can resume shortly after. The dose recommended will vary depending on your individual situation and severity of your lines. Leave it to us to decide the best dose for you.
What is the procedure involved?
The effect can last up to 4 months before lines slowly begin to return. However If you have repeat treatments, the effect will last much longer.
How long does Botox treatment last?
Within 3 days you may notice a softening in the appearance of your frown lines between your brows and it takes up to 7 days to see the full result.
How quickly can I see a difference?
You can be rest assured with the treatment at Maskati Dental Center you should not have any side effects. If at all, side effects are only temporary and localized to the injection site. Side effects include- pain, stinging and swelling at injection site or headache. This will go away in a short span of time.
Are there any side effects?
Now coming to the Myths about Botox-
- Myth- Unnatural and frozen face
- Fact- If Botox is injected by a trained medical professional rest assured you will have a very natural and pleasing appearance
- Myth- Very Painful
- Fact- There is generally no anaesthesia required since the procedure is painless. It is completed within 10-15min
- Myth- Not safe
- Fact- Botox is a USA FDA approved product and has been extensively researched with a well established safety profile. It is so safe that it can be injected into children suffering from cerebral palsy that too in much higher doses than that used for cosmetic indications.
- Myth- Very expensive
- Fact- These procedures are generally not expensive and very much affordable if you compare the amount which is spent on facials, massages and other remedies for the face. The cost depends on which area you want to treat and the dose that is required.
- Myth- These procedures are only for celebrities
- Fact- Contrary to the popular belief, these procedures are most widely used by common people and not only celebrities.